Tips for Storing RVs and Boats
Here are some tips and storage suggestions that we think will be helpful.
- Read owners manual for engine, lp gas, generator, water heater and sanitation system storage.
- Discard all perishable food from cabinets and refrigerator
- Turn off refrigerator
- Leave refrigerator door open and clean inside.
- Clean air conditioner filters and cover the outside unit
- Pull shades, blinds and clean inside of RV
- Turn off Propane Cylinders.
- Close all roof vents and windows.
- Place chemical Dehumidifiers inside to prevent condensation.
- Check tire pressure and cover tires from sun.
- Remove batteries and store inside or at home with a trickle charger.
- Motor homes check all fluids and fill gas tank. Add fuel stabilizer.
- Rinse holding tanks. Winter release any pressure on water lines by leaving open valves.
- Take pictures of RV inside and out for insurance purposes.
Tips for Boat Storage
- A good quality boat cover is a must. Easy to get on and off and will last for years. Make sure it is tight so
water will not collect.
- Clean and wax your boat to stop oxidizing
- Cover the tires with tire covers to protect from sun.
- Grease wheel bearings
- Place a good quality trailer lock on the trailer.
- Winterize you boat in cold winter storage.
- Add fuel stabilizer with a full tank of gas.
- Take pictures of your boat inside and out for insurance purposes.